Aug 13, 2007

2008 Honda Accord: Preview

Below is a sneak peek of the new 2008 Honda Accord that will be found in showrooms across America very shortly:
View My PortfolioView My Portfolio

I've been looking forward to this release, mainly because I have not been a big fan of the 2003-2007 (seventh generation). They did enhance the design in '06 by fixing the back taillights and improving the front grill a touch. I'd drive an '06 or '07 based off of those improvements. It will take a few months for me to get used to the new 2008 Honda Accord driving around before I can decide whether or not I like the looks of it more than the current seventh generation.

I currently drive a 2000 Accord EX sedan (sixth generation) and have loved it from day one. I just hit 130,000 miles on it over the weekend, but am planning on driving it for many years to come. I regularly get up to 34 mpg with it still commuting to work four days a week.

I recently sold my 1993 Accord LX sedan after 36 months of ownership. It was a great car as well but we couldn't justify keeping it as a third car after the '07 Odyssey purchase. The first Accord we had was a 1997 LX sedan, which of course we'd probably still be driving had I not destroyed it in my only moment of driving negligence. I still feel so badly for ending the life of that car so prematurely. Its last breath was spent as the airbag deflated under my startled body. Hopefully the Honda gods will forgive me one day, but in the meantime we will continue to buy only Hondas—yes, I'd even buy a Ridgeline when the time is right. Still trying to convince my wife that it is NOT an El Camino. Above images found on: edmonds.com.

No comments: