Aug 27, 2007

Miss Teen USA: South Carolina

You have got to listen to this answer! A few times, this is the funniest thing. It seems she (Lauren Caitlin Upton representing South Carolina) thinks Iraq and South Africa are part of USA? No idea, I think she even mentions Asia in there somewhere. Either way, good stuff!

Transcript below:
Q: Recent polls have shown 1/5 of American’s can’t locate America on a world map. Why do you think this is?
Miss South Carolina: (and this is exactly what she said)
A: I personally believe that, U.S. Americans are unable to do so, because some… people out there in our nation that don’t have maps, and I believe that our education, like such, as in South Africa and Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should… our education over here in the U.S., should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future.., for our…
(I’m guessing she was about to say “children” when she gave up and realized she totally screwed up).
Announcer: Thank you very much South Carolina

1 comment:

gildedcage said...

This girl (Lauren Caitlin Upton) is on the current season of "The Amazing Race" on CBS each sunday. She goes by the name of Caite. She says the funniest things and formulates weird words my wife and I have noticed. Great entertainment all around, not only with her but the other teams, of course. The cowboys are so classic and polite, coolest cowboys I've ever seen. We've watched the past several seasons of this show and pretty much love it. Tune in while you can, I don't suspect she and her model boyfriend will survive much longer...